Saturday, January 18, 2014

Crafting a Vision





What do I want my life to hold in the coming year?

I craved reflection and creativity in setting my intentions for the new year. I made some concrete goals about specific outcomes in my life, but my intuition still wanted to explore. My feminine essence desired to create something beautiful without so many boundaries.

A friend introduced me to the practice of vision boarding, which involves filling your heart with a question, scanning through creative materials, and collaging together the things that speak to you.

I got out my craft supplies and poked around the East Bay Creative Reuse Depot for some new additions. I recruited my partner to join in. We ended up sharing a board with our intentions around our partnership joining the seam.

Sometimes there was a reason I could identify for picking certain photos or words, other times the precise reason wasn't clear - I was just drawn to it. I stumbled upon a photo of a little girl that I had to clip out of a magazine. I don't know what she represents, but I felt that she has something to share with me, if not simply her sweet little smile. Apparently, the delight of creating the board will equal the delight in reflecting upon it at the year's end to revel in the synchronicity of life.

Our vision board hangs in our bedroom. Unlike my list of goals, our beautiful collage compels my attention. I love to look at my vision. My heart lingers over the collage every morning. Two thousand and fourteen looks so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment